Some great advice from World Prayer Centre, Birmingham:
Prayer is the first way we can engage in the election. The Evangelical Alliance has also launched a prayer series entitled ‘Praying ahead of the General Election’ to aid the church in its intercession in the run-up to the General Election.
CARE has also recently gone live on their new bespoke election website EngaGE19.
Let us make this the election that is most covered in prayer.
- WPC’s role is to watch and pray during the week and issue prayer we believe is on God’s heart. We will also signpost other agencies who will give practical and detailed prayer points.
- Let us be clear God is shaking the nation. Some shaking will happen during the elections and obviously afterwards as a new Government takes shape. The politics will be important but we want to look beyond for His kingdom to come and His will to be done.
- Let us stand together – there is so much division and the enemy will stoke up more. We come in an opposite spirit – we are God’s people – united, generous, holding different views but wanting to bless.
- We can keep it simple – Hallowed be Your name, Your Kingdom come, Your will be done and we can do practical things like praying for each candidate in our constituency, praying for peace in our streets, praying for truth in the media.
- “Create in us a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within us. Do not cast this nation from your presence, or take your Holy Spirit from us. Restore this United Kingdom to the joy of your salvation.” Sovereign Lord change our nation, soften our heart, and prepare us for revival.